- Consider market factors affecting the sale of your car (don’t try to sell a convertible in the winter), for example.
- Check online classified ads to see what others in your area are asking for your type of vehicle.
- Determine a selling price for your car using the Milwaukee Auto Market Forums.
- Give your car “curb appeal” by cleaning and detailing it. Fix any problems or drop the price and sell it “as is.”
- Get a smog inspection if required by your state DMV.
- Consider buying an Vincarhistory.com vehicle history report, or getting a mechanic’s inspection report to show prospective buyers.
- Create a “For Sale” sign for your car window.
- Post an eye-catching online classified advertisement.
- Make yourself available to answer calls from potential buyers.
- Arrange to show the car to prospective buyers.
- Negotiate your best selling price by knowing the market and not dropping your price too quickly. Be patient. Don’t let yourself be pressured.
- Collect payment for the car by getting a cashier’s check or cash.
- Finalize the sale by fulfilling all state motor vehicles department paperwork to transfer ownership and limit your liability.
- Remove all personal items from your car before the new owner drives it away.
- If you have any questions as you sell your car, please reach out to the Milwaukee Auto Market Team for free assistance. They’ll work hard to make experience trouble free.
< 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 >