Frequently Asked Questions. ( FAQ )
- Posting a Classified Ad
- Ad Posting Problems
- Replying To Ads
- Searching For Ads
- Managing Your Account
- Adding Youtube and Vimeo Videos
- General Questions
Posting a Classified Ad
Have a question about posting a new automotive Classified Ad? Browse through our FAQ Classified Ad section to solve all your questions about posting an automotive classified ad.
- 1. How To Post a New Classified Ad26.05.17More
How To Post a New Classified Ad
Follow the steps below to submit a free classified ad to Milwaukee Auto Market.
Please note that the steps may vary a bit depending on the category of your classified ad.
- An email will be sent confirming your user account details.
- If you do not see an email from us, check your spam folder. This would be from your email settings. Add Milwaukee Auto Market to your favorites to make sure you get all emails, from expiring classified ads to people responding to your classified ads.
2. Click on the Post To Classifieds tab to start a new classified ad.
3. Select a category for your ad.
- Depending on the category you choose, selected fields will automatically load for your ad details.
4. Enter the text for your classified ad.
- Ad title: your post's name. It will appear in the main list of ads.
- Ad description: the body of your classified ad.
- Text Editor: many different features to enhance your text display.
5. Fill in the contact details for people to reply to your classified ad
- Address: Adding an address will automatically load its location on the map.
- Location: Pick the county and city your item is located at.
- Zip Code: Enter the zip code of your city.
- Phone: This will be displayed for people to contact you about your post.
- Email: Only use this if you want people to respond through email that is different from your account email. Your account email will not be displayed and is secured. Leave this section blank if you want people to respond to your account email and have a less risk for spam.
6. You can add up to 20 images
7. Add a YouTube or Vimeo video
- Just add your video URL and it will be displayed with your ad automatically.
8. Your price [USD]
9. Make sure your post looks right.
- Confirm that your email address and the location of your ad are accurate.
- Make changes before you continue.
- If everything looks good, follow the next step.
10. Complete your classified ad
- You need to click the I'm Not a Robot box. This is to make sure you are a real person.
- You can click the Save Draft button and finish your post at a later time. You still need to click the I'm Not a Robot box.
- If you are finished and ready to have your ad go live, click the I'm Not a Robot box and then the Place Listing button.
11. Option To Have Your Classified Ad Featured
- Click the Featured option and Choose Payment Method. Click Proceed to Payment.
To publish your Classified Ad For Free click the Not Now button.
You should see your classified ad with in 5 minutes or less on the home page. A confirmation email will be sent confirming your classified ad.
You can edit and make changes to your classified ad at anytime. Click on the My Account tab to see all your classified ads and manage them.
- 2. How do I edit my ad?26.05.17More
You can edit your ad by logging into your account and going to the Manage Listings page. From there, select which ad you want to change and click "Edit". Similar to the ad posting process, the editing page will allow you to change anything on your ad including the category, location, title, description, and your contact information. When you are done making changes to your ad, click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
- 3. How Do I Renew My Classified Ad?26.05.17More
How Do I Renew My Classified Ad?
Three days before your ad is set to expire a "Renew" button will appear on the Manage Listings page next to the ad. Simply click the button to renew your classified ad. Our system will also send you an email with an option to renew your classified ad before your ad expires.
- 4. How Do I Delete My Classified Ad?26.05.17More
How Do I Delete My Classified Ad?
You can delete your ad by logging in to your account and going to the Manage Listings page. From there, select which ad you want to remove and click "Delete". Please be aware that once you delete an ad the action cannot be undone. If you are ready to delete your ad click "Delete".
- 5. How Do I Add Or Remove Pictures?26.05.17More
How Do I Add Or Remove Pictures?
You can add or remove pictures by logging in to your account and going to the Manage Listings page. From there, select the ad you want to change and click "Edit". Scroll down to the Images field where you can manage the pictures for your ad. Click the "Choose File" button to browse your computer or phone for pictures to upload. Each ad can have up to 20 pictures. Drag and drop to change the order the pictures are shown. And if you need to delete pictures click the "Delete Permanently". When you are done making changes to your ad, click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
- 6. Why is my location different than the one I selected?26.05.17More
When you provide your city or ZIP/Postal Code when creating your ad, it automatically maps your exact location to the closest location in our system. So, while it shows your location is different than the one you selected, your listing will still show up in the city you posted it in when users search for that location. Providing the exact address will pinpoint your location on the map.
- 7. When will my ad expire?26.05.17More
Free ads expire in 120 days. 3 days before the expiration date, an email will be sent to notify you to renew your ad.
Featured ads expire in 30 days. 3 days before the expiration date, an email will be sent to renew your featured ad.
- 8. Can I post my ad over the phone?26.05.17More
Yes, you can contact us anytime and we will help you get started.
- Email us anytime and our support team will contact you within 24 hours. Email Support Form
- Us our live chat and we will assist you live online. Simply click the blue message circle on the bottom right of every page.
- You can call us at 414-882-8066
But, posting an ad on MilwaukeeAutoMarket.com is easy! Simply click the “Post To Classifieds” link at the top of any page. This will guide you through our simple posting process.
- 9. Who Will See My Classified Ad?26.05.17More
Who Will See My Classified Ad?
Milwaukee Auto Market is used throughout Milwaukee and surrounding areas. If you post your classified ad in a particular city, the ad will be visible to everyone browsing the city level and county level. However, if you do not specify a city the default location is Milwaukee county.
- 10. How many ads can I post and can I post my ad in multiple cities?26.05.17More
There is no limit to the number of new and unique ads you can post. However, per our policy we ask that you please do not post the same ad more than once in 48 hours and do not post the same ad in more than one city or category. Duplicate ads may be removed without warning. With the way our search works, if you post your ad in a particular city our system will automatically display the ad in search results for nearby cities as well. This way your ad gets better visibility without you having to re-post it.
- 11. Can I put a link in my ad?26.05.17More
Yes, you can post a link in your ad. If you enter a web address starting with http it will become a click-able link in your ad. Avoid putting a comma or other punctuation at the end, as it may be considered part of the address.
- 12. Are Classified Ads Free To Post?26.05.17More
Are Classified Ads Free To Post?
Are Classified Ads Free To Post? Yes. Milwaukee Auto Market is 100% free. You can post ads, browse ads, and respond to ads all for free. You are welcome to post a classified ad for free at any time. We do offer featured ads and dealers packages.
- 13. Do I need an account?26.05.17More
Yes, you need to register for posting new ads. This is to insure the quality and security of personal information.
When someone replies to your ad, your email is hidden and the reply process is through Milwaukee Auto Market. This is to protect you from getting scams or spam. You do have the option to show your email. If it is your personal email, we don't edvise to show it.
You also need an account to manage the ads you created.
Registering is 100% free. You also can register with your Facebook Account.
- 14. How do I find my ad once it has been posted?26.05.17More
To locate your ad, click on the category that you chose while posting your ad. Check the city shown at the far right of the search bar to make sure you are browsing in the correct geographic location. If you are not searching in the correct location, click the drop down arrow to enter in the correct location. You can also find your ad by using the search bar and searching for your ad ID number. (It may take up to 24 hours for your ad to appear in search results.)
- 1. I have not received my confirmation email or I no longer have it. How do I make changes to my ad or account?26.05.17More
If you have not received your confirmation email yet, we recommend checking your junk/spam mail folder. If you do not receive the email or have deleted it, we recommend that you go to our Lost Password page and enter your email address. Once you have created a password for your account, you can log in anytime to post, edit or delete your ads.
- 2. I am having trouble uploading my pictures, am I doing something wrong?26.05.17More
If your images are very large, they may take extra time to upload, especially if your internet connection is a bit slower than others. We recommend that you try making your images smaller by using photo editing software on your computer. You can also try adjusting the settings on your camera so that pictures are saved at a more reasonable size, like 1024x768.
- 3. How Do I Publish An "Unpublished" Classified Ad?26.05.17More
How Do I Publish An "Unpublished" Classified Ad?
To publish an classified ad that is showing as "unpublished", simply log in to your account and go to the Manage Listings page. From there, click the "publish" button under your classified ad. (It may take up to 24 hours for your ad to appear in search results.)
- 1. How do I respond to an ad?26.05.17More
To respond to an ad, simply fill out the “Respond to this ad” section including the “Your Name” field, “Your email” field, and the “Message” field. When you are done creating your message simply click the “Send Message” button. Our system will send the message to the author of the ad.
- 2. How do I receive messages?26.05.17More
If someone responds to your ad by filling out the “Respond to this ad” section, our system will relay the message to your email address. You can then reply directly to the person who sent you the inquiry. You may want to check your junk/spam mail folder to make sure messages are not being sent there by accident.
- 3. Can I contact people who have looked at my ad?26.05.17More
Unfortunately, we have no way of identifying the people who have looked at your ad. However, if someone responds to your ad, our system will send the message to your email address. Additionally, people may decide to call you on the telephone, if you included your number in your ad.
- 4. I Have Not Received Any Replies To My Classified Ad?26.05.17More
I Have Not Received Any Replies To My Classified Ad?
If you have not received any replies to your classified ad it does not mean you did something wrong. It is not unusual for it to take some time before someone responds to your classified ad. We do recommend checking your junk/spam mail folder to make sure messages are not being sent there.
- 1. How do I search for my ad?26.05.17More
You can search for your ad two ways. You can type your ad ID number into the search bar and our system will take you directly to your ad. Or you can set your location to the same location as your ad and go to the category your ad was posted in. If you posted the ad recently, it should be on the first page of that category. (It may take up to 24 hours for your ad to appear in search results.)
- 2. I keep getting search results that are not close to what I am searching for. Am I doing something wrong?26.05.17More
Search Results That Are Not Close
The way our search results works, is you can set your location and then search for a specific automotive product. Our system will then supply results that match your specifications exactly, and then it will show similar or nearby results. When we do not have a lot of ads that match your criteria, you will start to see ads that may be farther away than what you are looking for.
- 1. How Do I Create An Account?
- 2. How Do I Login To My Account?26.05.17More
How Do I Login To My Account?
To login to your account go to our LogIn page and enter your email address and the password you created. If you do not remember your password or you have not yet created a password for your account, click the Lost Your Password? link to have an email sent to you with either a copy of your password or instructions on how to create one.
- 3. How do I create a password?
- 4. How Do I Change My Password?
- 5. What do I do if I can’t remember my password?26.05.17More
If you cannot remember your password, simply go to our Log in page and click the Don't know password? link. On the page that follows, enter your email address and click “Continue”. Our system will send you an email with a link to reset your password. Simply click on this link and enter in a new password on the page that follows. Click the "Save changes" button at the bottom of the page when you are finished.
- 6. How do I change my email address?26.05.17More
To change your email address on your account, simply log in and go to the Profile page. Next, locate the “Your Settings” section and click the “Edit Settings” button. On the page that follows, erase your current email address and enter your new email address. Click the “Save changes” button at the bottom of the page when you are done making changes. The next time you log in you will need to use your new email address.
- 7. How do I edit my ad?26.05.17More
To edit your ad, simply log in to your account and go to the Manage Listings page. From there, select which ad you want to change and click "Edit". Similar to the ad posting process, the editing page will allow you to change anything on your ad including the category, location, ad description, and your contact information. When you are done making changes to your ad, click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page.
- 8. How Do I Renew My Classified Ad?
- 9. How Do I Delete My Classified Ad?
- 10. How do I log in with Facebook?26.05.17More
To log in using Facebook, simply go to our Log in page and click the blue “Log in with Facebook” button. You will be required to enter your Facebook log in credentials. If you do not already have an account with us, this will create a new account for you. If you have an existing account that uses the same email address as your Facebook log in, you will be signed into that account. If you have an existing account that was created using a different email address than the one used to log in to Facebook, a separate account will be created in our system.
- 1. How do I stay safe using Milwaukee Auto Market?
- 2. How do I report scams or bad ads?26.05.17More
To report a scam or an ad you feel may be fraudulent, click the “Report this ad” link on the ad page. This will send notification to our Support Staff to investigate the ad further. If you think you have been contacted by a scammer, you can send us a message through our Contact Us page. Please make sure to include details about the scammer such as email address, phone number, or ad ID number.
- 1. How do I add a video to my classified ad28.05.17More
When creating a new add just copy and paste your video url in the "Video URL" section.
It must be a YouTube or Vimeo URL.
You can always come back and add a video to existing ads. Just go to your Manage listing page and edit the ad you want your video in. Add your video url in the "Video URL" section.
- 1. Is this the same as Craig's List, Ebay Classifieds, or Kijiji?26.05.17More
Milwaukee Auto Market is not affiliated with Craig's List, Ebay Classifieds or Kijiji. We do offer a similar free service where you can post ads, browse ads, and respond to ads all for free.
- 2. Do you also have a newspaper?26.05.17More
Milwaukee Auto Market is not affiliated with any newspaper or other printed publication, so any ads you submit will only be published in our online listings.
- 3. How Do I Place a Featured Classified Ad?26.05.17More
How Do I Place a Featured Classified Ad?
When publishing a new classified ad you have the option for a Featured Classified Ad.
Simply check the featured option and click the "Proceed to Payment" button.
You also can feature old ads from the Manage Listings page. Pick the ad you want featured and click "Promote".
If your question is not answered, please contact us.